Betta splendens Fish Swollen Eye Disease and Cures
CauseLow water quality and temperature.
- Clamped fins
- Small spots like dust over fins and body.
- Weird swimming style (brushing against objects)
- Separate the fish from other fishes
- Prepare a container (measuring twice the length of the fish)
- Fill container with water +/- 10-15 cm high. (1 inch = 2.54 cm)
- Mix the water with 1-2 drops of anti-itch (Blitz-Itch, Fishmate, Rid-All, etc.)
- Copper-based medication like Maracide
- Add a pinch of salt (aquarium salt preferred, but other salt works for emergency)
- Put the fish into the prepared container for 5-8 hours, food is not necessary but don't let the fish starves.
- Repeat as needed.
- Choose the less mobile food for the fish..
- The fish is recovering when it stares to other fishes. Keep the medication once/twice more.
- Change water regularly.
- Pre-treat water with me methylene blue and salt before introducing betta splendens.
- Monitor water temperature.