Betta splendens Fish Tail Fin Rot Disease and Cures
CauseFungi and low water quality
- Tail and fins go shorter.
- Darker tail and fins coloration
- Clumped fins
- Fish pale
- Fish not eating
- Change water with fresh water mixed with methylene blue, Fungus Eliminator, tetracycline or Triple Sulfa.
- Add a pinch of salt (aquarium salt preferred, but other salt works for emergency)
- Introduce the betta splendens to the new water
- Repeat every 2 days
Choose the less mobile food for the fish.
- The fish is recovering when new fin and tail grow.
- Change water regularly.
- Pre-treat water with me methylene blue and salt before introducing betta splendens.
- Monitor water temperature.