Betta splendens Fish Swollen Eye Disease and Cures
CauseLow water quality and most probably physical injury.
- Swollen cloudy eye.
- Different swimming style (blurred vision)
- Change water with fresh water pre-treated with methylene blue
- Add a pinch of salt (aquarium salt preferred, but other salt works for emergency)
- Make the water temperature slighty warmer than previous.
- Introduce the betta splendens to the new water, give penicillin.
- Repeat every 2 days.
- Choose the less mobile food for the fish.
- Change water regularly.
- Pre-treat water with me methylene blue and salt before introducing betta splendens.
- Monitor water temperature.